Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

21 October 2010 - Humility

Hola Familia!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the love and support! I needed it again. You are fabulous. I meant to request for you to send blips of your testimonies my way to help strenghten me. And actually, I would like to hear all about Priesthood from those that were there (cough). I haven't heard much about it honestly.
This week was good with lots of lessons and member help still. They really came through for us on the weekend and we had one investigator and her two little daughters at a baptismal service and at church. We still need to visit with the dad who has his own Christian church but they seemed to enjoy the events. And then members brought a new investigator to church. Hurray! I think it is much better for them to start off their learning by coming to church the first week. Then (hopefully) they have less reasons not to go since it is just what they do. We shall see.
It has been rainy lately, but we have been well taken care of. This morning was the Haynie breakfast at the stake president's house. Oh yum. Delicious food and great spiritual thoughts. Pres. Haynie talked of "old" missionaries keeping the childlike faith. I think I really need to work on that some more. As you continue going on and seeing lots and people don't do as they saw they will, it gets a touch discouraging. But I just have to believe in them and trust the power of the Spirit to give them the strength to press forward.
We had quite a few lessons this week and this current week looks busy because we have lots of investigators to take care of. And a whole day is knocked out from 4:30 Friday to 4:30 Sat as we will be on exchanges with the English sisters and working in their area. How fun is that?! I've always wondered about exchanges :) And now I'll get to experiment them. But in in English work. Scary. It will be so uncomfortably good for me.
We had a great FHE last night with Desteny and her family. Hurray! They were all excited and all participated. And we found out they have to wait about 3 more months for the wedding and baptism :( Not great but we do have a goal now. She is pretty great. I printed pics today and will send them your way :D You're welcome. Last night I got really excited about reading in 3 Nephi 11 with them about the Savior coming to visit the people. The Spirit was strong and I was excited. I've had some neat experiences reading that part with investigators. Oh and Desteny was funny when she said "Oh I get you now. The prophets wrote down the words of Jesus in there [Book of Mormon] so He didn't have to be writing all the time." Ha ha. She is super smart! And reminds me of Shantaye more and more. Have I mentioned that?
I found a formula for obtaining salvation in my reading this week: Alma 32:13. humility and repentence which yields mercy and enduring to the end with the end result being salvation. Hurray! Look it up and see what you can learn.
We also taught a very humble couple on Sun. afternoon. They are from Guatemala and don't know much, they say, but are smart and very willing to learn. They speak a dialect and the wife is still working to learn Spanish. They have twin boys that are almost 18 months. They are cute. It was a neat lesson. I love when people ask questions because then we know what we need to re-explain!
Well I'll smilingly take off now. Sad news, but good is that our district leader is changing his responsibilities today in the middle of the transfer. It's Elder Kendell who reminds me of JJ. He is going to become a third assistant I believe and go on exchanges with all the Spanish speakers. Sweet!
I love you all so much and am glad you are well. I am too. I will try and work even harder this week thinking of you and your sacrifices so I can be here having this incredible experience.
Heavenly Father loves and guides us in all we do! Keep being obedient and following the Spirit. It is crucial in life and so rewarding (while tiring).
Love you, love you.
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment