Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

14 December 2010 - I love to see the temple...I went inside today

Familia
Yep! The temple is just absolutely amazing. And we were there soaking it up this morning. And we got a ride with Hna Montoya who just loves to talk and she shared the story of her conversion and her philosophies on her son who has been going inactive all our time here. It was fascinating and great. She is super strong in the gospel so I love hearing her explain her ideas. She is actually the gospel doctrine teacher and all the students are appreciative of her. As said in general conference: it's all about the attitude of the teacher.
Missionary life this week is really great. We continue to have success and struggles. And I haven't scratched any more cars! Ha ha. yeah I really didn't want to share that story until later...oh well.
Hey guess what - I just love you guys so much! Thanks for the great e-mails, Mum & Dad with the updates on the family, neighborhood, and friends. I'm excited for all the great things that are happening. We probably won't bother with buying any decorations even though I know we can. No worries. I don't feel a need for it. We enjoy all the trees that other people have. I've seen some fun decorations. And crazy that my paper Christmas tree was 2 years ago now. Gah. Where did the time go?
I feel like I am FINALLY figuring out how to be a missionary - in thought and in action. Sad it takes so long! But I'm gonna work to live it up and give my all in this last bit of time.
Investigator updates: Hna Mercado was at church and in yesterday's lesson she shared an experience in which she felt a huge difference in where she used to be before learning and where she is now. So she prays not to regress back and has decided firmly to be baptized. HURRAY! she'll be interviewed on Friday and hopefully baptized on Christmas Day with another family of 4 the elders are teaching and perhaps her daughter. It's pretty fabulous. And Hno Montiel was confirmed on Sunday. He's happy and appreciative. I bought a frame today so I can give him a picture of us at the baptism. I think he'll really like it. It's basically the only Christmas present I'm giving - oops. I've thought of doing something else but never decided on something and now the time is gone. Next week we'll be rushed as we have to be in Escondido all night long for Hna M's performance in the Christmas concert. It's gonna be great! Hno Lule and Hna Aguilar and Desteny are going to bring Hna Mercado and enjoy it thoroughly. Oh and on Fri Dec 24 we're having a mission-wide Christmas party for 4 hours. How crazy is that?! Definitely a different leadership than last year. I love it because my two presidents are so very different (their wives too) and I work well with, love, and respect all of them. Completely.
So about the calls. We are planning the baptism for 7 pm and then we'll probably have dinner around 4 pm and the calls around 3 pm CA time. Is that still ok? I'll just call the home phone. Hno Lule and Hna Aguilar are great and should be fine with it all. She is excited to make us a Mexican/American dinner. Tamales and ham and potatoes. And Hna Merrill requested tres leches cake. It's just so good!
Another exciting thing: Hna Dolores Lara whom we taught for a time is getting baptized this Sat. We were invited and given assignments :) Hna M will sing and I'll say a prayer. Sweet stuff. She just thrived more in the English ward. Partly because the RS pres is her fellowshipper and is so excited to help her. I'm glad she has progressed and will be baptized. I'll be sure to get pics of it. The ward Christmas party is Sat night and we might swing by for it. I love being with the members and investigators! I feel like Hna Mercado is a member already. She signs up to bring food to everything, wants to be early to meetings, and yeah. It's pretty great.
What else, what else. Hno Lule and Hna Aguilar are planning well for the wedding and baptism. they are excited. Hey, in a year we could all come back when they go to the temple to be sealed! That is the huge motivating factor for the Hna and has been the whole time. It's one of the most amazing things we have. Heavenly Father loves us so much! And I love the idea of going to Thailand next summer. Man, I'm gonna be busy traveling and I just don't know what to do about where to live and work. The world is seriously open to me! But I don't need to worry about that now :)
Give all my love and support to Cara and her family. Glad you can go for the wedding....I thought about sending a note but I don't think it happened. Oops. Take a few good pics and send 'em to me later, please.
Let's see - little miracles this week. Hna M had a rough time of it yesterday afternoon but then in the evening we went forth and had some good lessons. She's a tough one and I'm grateful for her desire to continue and serve and succeed.
Also, we had a good discussion about asking for referrals in district meeting yesterday morning and I decided to run with it, literally. I remembered to ask in all 4 of our visits. Sweet! And we semi received 2 referrals. Oh si! And then Hno Lule said we should teach everyone in their neighborhood and they invited us to the neighborhood party this Fri. ha ha. We just might swing by. Probably will be a good way to get to know the neighbors even more. And we have a special invite :)
Oh - Hna M uses the scarves we gave her practically every day. I think she REALLY likes the green one. Props to Dad and the fam!
The scripture for this week is in 3 Nephi 18:3. The people worked ALL night to let everyone know that the Savior had been there teaching and He was going to return the next day. That's basically what we're all about, no? The Savior has come and will come again. We're working hard so everyone is prepared for it. And so we can have all the marvelous blessings our Heavenly Father has for us. I just love the gospel. I love being a missionary. I know God lives, loves, and guides us. I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be and I've learned so much! Thank you for all your love and support. Merry, merry Christmas. Keep working hard. And keep supporting missionary work with all you've got. I was struck again by the quote by Joseph Smith: after all that has been said and done the most important duty is to preach the gospel. So get out there and preach!
Love ya all tons and tons.
Love,
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment