Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

28 December 2010 - Happy New Year and happy changes

Hola Familia!
I feel like I don't have too much to say since we just barely talked for about 44 minutes (oops! overtime). And thanks Dad for the long e-mail even though we did just talk. Mom...where are you? He he. Hope all is well.
The news is that....I never received a call yesterday so I am not training. I'm confused as to what I will be doing, but we shall learn later today. Another good opportunity for me to trust the Lord and follow His will not mine. I know He knows better than I do.
I love you all very much! The baptism was great. Hna Mercado is SO happy and Familia Gomez as well. We started pretty late as one set of elders didn't find a ride and arrived very late. One of them baptized Hna M and she didn't have confidence in anyone else...so we waited. All went just fine. Hna M and I sang "When I am Baptized" and I think it was great. It was so neat to have 9 different people in white! And we filled up the RS room again. Hurray that the members came out to support on Christmas Day. Members are just absolutely crucial. I took bunches of pics. I was also able to purchase a triple combination for Hna Mercado and I gave it to her last night but we had to leave quickly so I don't know what she thought. I think she'll be happy. Phew. I will definitely send you pictures - next week. I have to scramble and pack this week :)
Christmas was good. We had a super hurried dinner with Fam Lule/Aguilar then we headed off to the baptism. Hna Mercado really liked the scarf and Desteny too. Hna M is grateful for the socks and has worn them nearly everyday. She doesn't have slippers so it was perfect!! I wore one of my outfits Christmas Day (as I told you) and was sure to get pictures of it.
I also have LOTS of pictures with members from Sat, Sun, and Mon. (I just love the x3 self-timer!) Again, some will be sent next week. I'm really going to miss the members here. I'm excited to come back and visit. We have lots of "mi casa es tu casa" family :) And I've said our home is open when they are in Utah (just a head's up). Hno Munguia did receive the family card and said thanks. And I've been very grateful for the business cards. Thanks again, Dad! They make it easy. Oh mum, the candy cane cookies were broken but perfectly so. They are in 2 and 3 bite pieces.
Well, as for investigators. I'm having a hard time saying goodbye. Yesterday was a really good day. Only 1 of the 6 scheduled lessons didn't work out. That's incredible! And a few drop-in visits. It seems I will be a little missed around here too.
Way exciting thing happened at the end of church: Gustavo showed up! We talked to him briefly in the street and on the phone twice, gave him a map. And he showed! (with about 2 minutes left) I have heard so many times: "give me the direction and I'll come visit the church." And it has never happened until now. Some members hepled us out and we taught him a lesson. I have high hopes and will anxiously await news from Hna M about his progress.
Part of the Christmas party was to write out testimonies in copies of the Book of Mormon then wrap them and give them out on Christmas Day. We stopped by Hno Milian at the end of the night and gave him one. I think it is a fabulous way to help people better understand just how precious this book is that we are giving them. He said he really appreciated it. And last night we found out he has started reading it! He is doing pretty well. They were at church again. A few obstacles still in the path but I'm excited for them.
Hno Lule and Hna Aguilar are anxious for their wedding and baptism. They went and took pictures for their invitations :) They said last night that if I can't find a ride to attend the baptism then I should call them and they will come and get me :) Yeah, I'm going to work hard to be there. Hna Aguilar is giving us a ride to the meeting today which should be fun. Oh and dinner was tamales and potatoes (both super delicious) and beans and pasta salad and tres leches (fabulous!) and cheesecake. Yep, plenty of food.
Missionary life is still just great. I can't believe I do return home so soon. Man, time moves quickly. But the gospel is always true! That's just the bestest. I love you all so much. I'm so grateful for your support as I serve the Lord. I have loved sharing 3 Nephi 5:13 as I've taken my leave of people (very Spanish-influenced phrase). I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I've been called to declare this news so we can all achieve eternal life. And as members, we are ALL disciples and we have ALL been called. So get out there and share the fabulous news!!
Glad all is well with all of you and you are continuing busy! I'm going to be busy soon adapting to a new situation, new companion, new investigators, and new members. Hurrah! Should be fun and a little stressful. Gotta run now so I can have clean clothes before I go. Love you all! Be safe this new year.
Love,
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment