Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

21 December 2010 - What's the home phone number?

Hola familia!
Muy feliz navidad! Que bueno, no? Hemos tenido bastante lluvia en estas dias. Mas que CA ha tenido en 5 anos. Es muy bueno pero...ya.
So we've had lots of rain the past few days. I told Hna M the other day that I actually like it because it shows people that Mormon missionaries don't stop! This is the truth and will go forth no matter what. !Oh si!
Nice one, Mom, on giving me the home phone number again. Just because I had problems last year.... I'll actually be calling you guys at 2:30 pm CA time. We had to move up the baptism time so everything else as well. And I'll call from a cell phone then you can call me back. Ok? I don't know the phone number at this moment. Hna Aguilar is excited to have us over. And Desteny too. We had FHE with them last night and Hno Lule conducted it super well and had the scripture thought. It was pretty exciting. He studied :) They are doing well. Came through for us at the baptism Friday night so we could stay there and support the elders and a family. 2 young boys (cousins) were baptized on the b-day of their Grandma who is inactive. Pretty exciting.
The best news : we're having a baptism on Christmas Day!!!! Hna Mercado is solid and excited. I just love her. She cracks me up. Oh man. I will tell her "hi" from you, Dad. I think it'll make her smile. And the elders have a family of 4 being baptized. So we've had some fun organizing things. All 6 of us missionaries will be there and we'll have 8 different people in white. Phew! All around the mission there will be lots of baptisms on Christmas Day according to Pres. Cook (and he should know). I'm excited about it. I'll definitely take pictures.
The baptism this past Sat of Hna Lara AND her 2 kids was awesome. They were all really happy. And 1 of her 2 other sons was there and told the elders afterward "this is real" and agreed to an appointment. Sa-weet!! Just love it. Decided the only present I need as a missionary is a baptism. That's it. That is enough of a reward for all the hard work, sweat, tears, and joys. It's the bestest. They didn't have a camera so I tried to take lots of pics. I'll make 'em some prints and a cd today. Pres. and Sis. Cook came which was fabulous. I walked out of the bathroom and right into Sis. Cook's open arms. She knows I'm always good for 4 or 5 hugs when I see her :)
The concert is tonight and it should be GREAT. I'm super excited. I told one of the directors they can put me to work. They said I'll be on stage left to help get people on stage on time. Hna M says I'll be good at that. And I can pull out my rusty teacher/regulator skills to tell everyone to be quiet backstage. Ha ha. Pres. & Sis. Cook are coming and Familia Lule with Hna Mercado. Super faublous.
Familia Garcia is great and we just love them. They came to church on Sun!! And they all had good experiences. The kids came and sat by Hna M and I. They give us hugs each time we visit. Love 'em! Realized last night that he actually isn't an investigator because is only 8 yrs old and both his parents are members. Oops. But we'll keep visiting and helping him reach his baptismal date. He's excited about it.
Oh yeah. Ward party Sat night was pretty great. We spent a good chunk of time there. And we did sing a song. With the help of one American sister and 2 little girls - Kari and Marta. Remember those names? The daughters of Hna Robbins. They were so excited to sing and help us. They also sang with the primary kids. They're cuties. Everytime we visit they come running to greet us.
Phew. Many exciting things to share. So glad that you arrived home safely from the wedding. And thank you for taking lots of pictures. I am excited to see what it was all like.
So if JJ had 3 Christmases away from home, I'm on #4. No? Because we had Thailand, then I had Taiwan, and now 2 in the mission. How crazy is that? It's true that time passes really quickly. Like I'm almost out of it right now.... I know what the kids are getting for Christmas...na na na. And I'm not gonna say a word. Except that I think they'll love it. Way to go, M & D! And exciting news about the bathroom updates. Woo hoo.
I was wondering why our ward mission leader asked for our home addresses. That is a super good idea. We're actually having a meeting with him and all the missionaries this Thurs. We don't know what for. Now I'm wondering if they'll do something for Christmas. In ward council this week we talked about how we'll have 8 baptisms in Dec after the ones on the 25th. How rockin' is that? This ward is well-known for its high numbers. We'll end the year with 30, I believe. That is super awesome!! Just love it. Just love helping people know the truth and seeing all the fabulous changes in their lives. The gospel is truly the only thing that can make us happy now and forever.
I love you guys so much! Mormon 8:38-39 called my attention today (yes, very Spanglish grammar).
We need to have an eternal perspective and fill our lives with frienships and people, not things. To all that are reading --
THANK YOU!! for being the wonderful people that have filled my life with meaning and joy. Love you all LOTS.
Christmas time is just the best. I love it. And it was another great week as a missionary. This one looks to be even better with all the celebrations for Christ's birth, a combined baptism, rain, good food at the mission party and with Familia Lule, oh and the phone call with you guys. And transfer calls that same day. Crazy fun!
Love ya!
Hermana Green
Oh yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment