Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

15 February 2011 - De-robotizing the Robot

Hola familia!

Les quiero muchisimo. Son magnificos! Seriously, thank you for all the love and support. This week wasn't all that great in some ways but very good as well. Crazy. Just some hard trials before all the really great stuff. Like happens with our investigators!!

Well, we didn't have many lessons. Then Sunday we had a 2-hr heart to heart chat after church to learn tons by the Holy Ghost and work out some problems. We are feeling grateful and better. I really have learned some amazing lessons on the mission. It's just incredible! and then yesterday..V-day was zone conference. So Good!! I'm sure the Cooks will love to receive the note and Christmas card. Sis Cook said I can't leave and she's just going to keep me...then said "wonder what your mom'll say about that." I chuckled and responded with a "probably won't let you." But all is well. It was SO good to see them. I just love them so much! We took a bunch of pics with the three of us and had a whispered conversation. Pres Cook expressed his gratitude for me (which I needed to hear because even now I still doubt that I'm doing my best and that what I'm doing is acceptable. crazy huh?) and I asked why good things have to end but then promised I'd never forget them because they are my mission parents. :D And I thought it would be great if you contacted the Bradys and invited them to come meet you when I return home...need their contact info?

Also it was super great to see Hna Denker. She's in my zone as she is serving in Vista in English work. We're gonna party it up on the way home!! Woot woot. And we dubbed the special musical number next transfer meeting already. :) She claims that she has "5 months left" one for each week. I'm ok with that thought. I was hoping you could find another scarf (spring color) and send it to me to be given to her. Thanks!! I'm loving the "give your companion a scarf" ritual. It rocks because it is practical, like me giving them a hug, and something they'll remember for a long time.

Oh yeah. Hna Stratton and I learned that communication from the heart is crucial. So we're working to communicate better. And in our zone conference we spent the whole time talking about studies. Pretty sweet. The coolest lesson for me as we discussed and practiced was that as we focus on others' needs, our own are met! Just like that. And Hna Stratton and I had just talked about how if we do what God wants we end up getting exactly what we want. So just do what He wants us to do!

And the subject line comes from my statement that I was a really good missionary robot and Hna Stratton has helped me de-robotize. At the end of our chat I started chuckling because an image of us smashing a toy robot came into my mind. We're totally going to do it ... and we'll document it on film :D

Besides that, well missionary life is great! Yes, I'm staying in Fallbrook. It's a pretty great place to be. And thank you Dad for the pictures that I received today. And thank you Mom for the V-day pacakge. It was the best one I've ever received on the mission. Full of love and everything doubled. Perfect!! Even addressed to us both. We are loving the toffee. I knew Hna Stratton would :)

Let's see, let's see. I love the Book of Mormon...and the Bible I'm starting to love too. Today I read in Romans 10:17-18. I didn't remember 18 before and it's such a cool verse! The word has gone out to the world. We're so blessed to have ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ. In zone conf we talked about how God is the one who gave us the written language with the purpose that we know His gospel and His plan. (see Moses 6: 46? )
I haven't worked on the member dinners. I need to work more on having members accompany us to appointments!! The change is slowly coming out just fine. We visited the YW this Sun to animate them to do missionary work. It was very fun. Priesthood and RS are in Spanish. Most of the kids speak both (because of school) but most of the adults only speak Spanish.

Well, I love you all so much!! I'm so grateful for your love and support. Keep being fabulous and keep living the gospel! God does want us to be happy and everything favors us being that way - often we just have to realize it and choose to be so. I'm still working on it. But I'm better :) And last week we walked down main street, stopped in at Swirlz (candy store which reminded me so much of Sweet Aftons!) and then visited 2 Mexican markets. Hna Stratton bought the makings for sopes which we made Sun night for dinner. yum! It was a fun ramble. We are heading to a park today to do some writing and such. Hna Stratton is all about relaxing and having fun on P-day. I've always just worked to get everything done. Another great lesson: enjoy the doing and don't just do it to say it's done!! We talked about that in terms of "reading" versus "studying" yesterday in zone conf. Oh man, so many good things but time is up!

Love,
Hna Green

PS Melissa Cruz came to a baptism on Sat after the worldwide training which we attended. both were super fabulous and awesome!!!! And familia Romero made it to the baptism (yes!) but not church and we don't know why. *sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment