Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

22 February 2011 - From truck to ... car?

Hola familia!

Muy buenas tardes. Fuimos al templo hoy entonces estoy contenta. (We went to the temple today so I'm content/happy.)

So yeah. On Fri morning they changed out our truck for a brand new car. Eek. So glad we took some pics last week!! Thanks for pushing us. I miss the truck and having a brand new car is stressful, but all is well. We can turn around more easily. We've broken it in really well by driving in a crazy rain & hail storm to the most muddy member's home. Perfect! And then we've gone exploring to a few remote areas. Yesterday the road ended but we needed to keep going so we were on dirt. It would work out that we tell Bro. Denos (car coordinator) that we don't really need the truck so he takes it and then we actually do sort of need it. Oh well. It makes life exciting. Change is great!!

So the temple today was fabulous. Lots of traffic in the morning. I just love the temple and am so grateful we can attend there as often as we like! I saw Hna Denker there too :) (And she has been in English work for a really long time but she continues studying Spanish.) Then we stopped by Pedro's Tacos for a yummy lunch! Speaking of food, you went and ordered Pounders for after my talk? Oh. I had a few ideas in mind - mostly yummy Mexican food. But I know Pounders tastes good so...ok

Sunday night was fabulous because..........we went to Escondido for Javier & Mariela Lule's baptism! Woo hoo! It really was so great. Las Posas members have so much of my heart. I realized I need to get to that point with the branch here in Fallbrook - and I only have a little time to do it! :) I saw Hna Mercado and gave her quite a few hugs. I think she was happy to see me too. And the Lules of course were very happy. I'm excited to return in about a year to be with them at the temple! Desteny gave me some long hugs. And I received a great letter from Mari Arango in Oceanside. She'll probably prep to go to the temple soon (maybe in April) which is super awesome. I've told a few people that we'll be back to visit and I think they are excited. (Actually Hno Potrero of Las Posas ward made me pinky swear I'd come back.) I know I am! We can visit a few "off-limits" spots which will be fun. I've decided I'll probably have to wear a stick-on name tag because I'll feel so lost without one *sigh* Happily, the bishop and a few other members of LP ward said that I'm a really good missionary. Yeah! I have made a difference. Sometimes I have to pull out the stored memories to help me go on in the rough spots of each day/week.

And then Sat night we had some pretty awesome miracles. Finally! All the hard work that seemed to get us nowhere showed some fruits. We taught a gentleman who had so many little questions and is interested in the church as a social help for his sons who just came here from Mexico. They were very gungho about attending church but then they didn't. It was hard to get out of the lesson because he was asking so many questions - we didn't really even teach the first lesson about the Restoration. But it is always exciting when they are interested and curious. Then we had a good church tour with the family of a strong RM. Bailon Family. They've been on and off and the grandma who lives with them is very Catholic and doesn't like our church much. But Hna Bailon said she thinks sometime soon she will be joining her sons. Sweet! And we ended in the chapel where I felt like I should sing for them so I sang 'Asombro me da' (oh yeah I Stand All Amazed) while Hna Stratton played the piano. I think it was good. Hna Bailon had a great light in her face which made me very happy. I love the gospel and how it helps families to be stronger...they just have to embrace it and allow it to do so! FHE is super fabulous. Sadly we just had one last night. We taught the Plan of Salvation to the Romeros (not Hno) and had shapes to move around the home a little. They had gloves from a doctor visit earlier that day and it was perfect as we talked about our spirits (hand) and our bodies (glove). They are fun and continue praying lots. They came to the branch FHE on Thurs night which was great. All because we stopped by beforehand. They weren't going to come then I 'shared my heart' and explained how I was really sad they always say they'll come to church but then they don't. It was almost unnerving how Hno responded with an "ok. We'll be there." I almost felt manipulative but I was just sharing my true feelings. Interesting.

Saturday was great because Hna Atempa took us and Melissa to the Stake Women's Conference. I just love Relief Society!!! There was a program and a presentation on Haiti as one service project was donation of white shirts for the Haitian missionaries. I learned lots which was great because I knew so little since I was on my mission when the large earthquake struck. And then we cut fringe on blankets which will be given out to families in the ward that need them. And a tasty lunch. We sat at a table with the sisters from the Vista Spanish ward and it was such fun. They have part of my heart too! The RS president shared her wish that we serve there even for a week. I had to whisper that it just isn't possible for me even though I would love it. I did have my one day there with Hna Weatherford and it was fabulous.

Hna Stratton received the scarf yesterday and really like it. Her response: how am I going to find time to wear all of these before it gets warm?! Tee hee. She wore the purple one last night and has the orange one on today. Thanks for sending another.

Speaking of sending things, what is this note that Pres. Cook sent to you all about? I didn't think they sent families anything. That is really comforting to hear -- thank you for passing it along. My motivation dipped down a little so I'm working on recovering it. Sat and Sun and today were really good with the different activities. I am working on the Christlike attribute of diligence right now :) It's definitely what it is all about. And I'm still striving to enjoy the moment. Hna Stratton and I have talked about how it is beautiful to do and then to realize that time is fluid and changing and all good things and all bad things have an end. I'm so grateful that our family DOES NOT have an end because I love you guys so much and am super grateful for your love and support. THANK YOU!!!

I will press on in the wonderful work of the Lord knowing that He has a plan for me and for each of us. I do know that is true. And I received a letter from Hna Merrill which eased some unnecessary stress and worry I had. She is doing well and thanked me for being a strong person while I was her companion. And she loves Hna Zehuancatl too! She is now in Mission Viejo. He he. It's a small world.

In my studies I found Isaiah 57:14 and it really struck me that Heavenly Father has called us (especially His full-time missionaries) to "take away the stumbling blocks from before my people." ...or something like that. It's cool in Spanish. It is incredible how we have been able to help people overcome difficult things as they accept the Savior's Atonement and embrace the gospel. I KNOW this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I love the temple and the truths that we learn therein. I know I am a daughter of God and He loves me perfectly. I love you all so much! Thanks for being fabulous and faithful to the gospel. It fills my heart with joy to know it.

Love you!! Praying for you too but knowing it is unneeded because God is caring for you super well.

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment