Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

21 September 2010 - A purple front door?

Familia,
That is the thought running through my mind right now. I too hope it turns out okay!
The San Diego Temple was fabulous! It had been too long. I can see the importance of attending at least every month. Good to hear the ward (and Mum) is headed there this week. The scaffolding was down so we have a pretty picture of us. Oh and Dad that is the 2nd time I've been there on my mission. I actually saw a member from the Oceanside ward there. It took a while to sort through memory files and place her. But I knew I knew her and she recognized me.
The week was slower than we would've liked but has picked up again. Sunday was pretty great and yesterday too with lots of lessons and member help. It helps so much to talk with the members and clarify what was said. And I used one member to help me know if I was understanding the investigator during the lesson - if she was nodding positively then I knew things were good. Te he. Little things I didn't really know the members were good for.
Well, the two Marias aren't doing much. One is undergoing cancer treatments and the other works so much. But we continue forth striving to help them learn and understand. The man who was waiting for us - Hno Jose Vidaca - is well. Stopped by yesterday and read with his wife who can't read well. We'll teach them again Thurs night.
Desteny is still very excited for her baptism. She attended the service this past Saturday and seemed to have a good experience. And yes, Kevin will probably be baptized in Oct, not Aug. And maybe not that. He wasn't at church again :( His mom has lots of stress right now and is getting bad headaches because of it.
I don't know how many missionaries are serving in the stake - didn't count. Maybe 5 sets of elders, English sisters, and us Spanish sisters ? Our ward is still being very supportive and it is great. So good to hear the home ward is working to friendship and help others. Yeah for food in bringing people together. Te he.
Little miracle this week - Familia Sangerman was at church! We hadn't had contact with them all week then we stopped by Sat night. And found out crucial info - they were lost for an hour last Sun searching for the church. Then found their old church, talked to the pastor, and started thinking about returning there. Phew. We testified simply and luckily caught them from falling - they agreed to try again the next day. They still got lost, but they were there! We think they had a good experience.
I'm so excited for the RS General Meeting! I'm pretty sure we can go - we probably need to get an investigator or two there. Not sure. I'm pretty sure we have one in mind that we can count on :) And conference soon. Hurray! My last one as a full-time missionary :( Not hurray.
OH! More exciting news. I received a letter from Evangeline in Taiwan. It was at the appointment with her and the sister missionaries that I decided to be a missionary. She was baptized in March! Her last letter made me think she had been baptized, but I didn't know. In some ways it feels like I can write that down as one of my convert baptisms. I'm excited to know she is well and a part of the church. Last I heard her mom was pretty against it and she couldn't really meet with the missionaries. She also told me she will serve a short-time mission in Taiwan. So exciting!
Scripture of the week: Romans 8:28 All things work together for good to them that love God.
It's so true! As we love God and obey him (see Isaac's e-mail about highest level of obedience) he blesses us and all things do work out well. But we have the opportunity to exercise faith and hope and develop patience as we wait for the Lord's timing.
The exciting thing to look forward to in this week is 4 days of leadership meetings. Wed-Sat 8:30 to 3:30 Yikes! So much time in trainings so we'll have to work hard in the afternoon/evenings to get the work done, help the people, and meet the standards.
I am happy and well. I love you all and thanks again for your support, prayers, and love.
Love.
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment