Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

7 September 2010 - Blessings poured out

Hola Familia!
La amo mucho. Muchisimas gracias para las cartas y emails y paquetes y todo. Ustedes son increibles. !Les amo!
Ok. Things are WELL here in San Marco/Escondido. We are slowly figuring things out. The members are getting to know us and our dinner calendar is full :) And we have lots of investigators!!! Woo hoo. It makes my heart happy. We are teaching a fair amount of family groups too which is FABULOUS. I love the simple faith of the children and their great examples to their parents. I'm pretty sure we will be able to help quite a few people be baptized in the next few weeks. Of course, it is all up to them. But many have so much promise! I'm getting excited for us to have to work hard to make sure all goes through.
Hna Merrill and I are doing great as well. We are getting better each day at teaching together. And she has been patient with me - I think I might push people relatively hard...like someone else I know :) Yes, the apartment and car are cleaner. Good thing because tomorrow is zone conference! And then the temple in two weeks. YES!!! And then a four-day leadership training with all the trainers, district leaders, and zone leaders. It's part of the new missionary program focused on 'teaching by the Spirit'. Should be wonderful and intense.
What else, what else. We actually were able to enjoy a family BBQ yesterday as well :) One of the RS counselors invited us over and we should up and a party was in progress. sweet. I felt a little out of place as a missionary in a family gathering :) But it makes me happy to know our family was having one as well. And thanks to everyone for remembering me and praying for me! That is part of how I can decide to be happy and help others embrace this wonderful gospel. And it is truly wonderful. Heavenly Father love and supports us. It makes me so happy.
We are teaching an incredible, humble woman named Dolores Lara. She was being taught by the elders but her first language is Spanish so she attended sacrament meeting in our ward. I LOVE her. She is really excited for her daughter and son to be missionaries! Yes! The strength of the youth and the light and happiness are what really draw her to the church. I came away from our appointment with her with sore "smile" muscles. It was just a happy meeting because she is happy.
The cute sister who called out to me and gave us hugs is now in Mexico for about 2 months. We had one good lesson last week and they are willing to prepare for baptism and continue learning. She said she would take her Book of Mormon and look for the church in Mexico! We were so sad when she called to cancel our appointment and explain. But my consolation was the thought of "see you in heaven!"
We are teaching 9-yr-old Kevin who is returning to activity with an older brother, his mom, and a baby brother. He is excited to be baptized. Hopefully in just a few weeks now! And a mom and her three daughters (one of whom is too young for baptism still.) They have accepted it all well - they are humble too. I have loved having to adapt my teaching to help younger children understand. You can have a little more fun when they are around :D
And then we still have one or two investigators who have been learning for a time. Hna Giles requested a week to read and pray and see if she is ready to prepare herself for baptism. I think she is in good hands as her 3-yr-old son reminds her to pray each night :) He's cute.
It's about time to head out to fulfill all my other tasks on this overcast preparation day. I love you all so very much! I have two scriptures for this week. (Shantaye's letter to me sparked the idea of a weekly scripture. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!)
D&C 25:2 If we are faithful and walk in the paths of virtue God will preserve our life and we'll receive an inheritance in Zion.
Romans 10:11 We can hold our head high and be confident because God is supporting us in our righteous actions to help and lift
his children everywhere.
I have found quite a few treasures in the book of Romans lately. It's exciting! I had a down time where I wasn't studying the Bible as much and thus I didn't love it as much. (The Book of Mormon still has the upper hand as it is what I testify of each day and invite people to know and love.)
I love you all! I'll send along your birthday wishes to my soon-to-be 22-yr-old greenie. Man, I have old kids. Where did the time go?! And yes I plan to give her the scarf. Awesome! I just wish it was green as that is her favorite color. Her family sent a few little gifts and she's excited about it. Plus I'll call the members who are feeding us and ask them for a little something special.
Love you, love you! Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you too!
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment