Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 October 2010 - Baptisms!

Hola Familia
Les amo mucho. Yes, this was a pretty great week with baptisms. Rocio's on Tuesday night. With lots of stress beforehand because Hna Lara and her family ended up not being able to take us and then we had to scramble to find a member. We found one willing but it took nearly 40 minutes for her to pick us up. We left about the time it was supposed to start. But in Spanish wards nearly everything starts late and so we arrived when they were still singing the opening hymn. Hurray! The family was really happy to see me there because they thought I wouldn't make it. I was super happy to be there to support Rocio and them. She mentioned me when sharing her testimony and explained something I had been confused about - when I left the area she was full of anger toward the missionaries. She said she thinks it might have been because she couldn't be as happy as we were. Jealousy. Interesting. I sometimes take for granted just how happy we are as members of the Lord's true church. But it is all well! She excited the room where the service was held and said "it's all your fault." I'm not sure just what she meant, but all is well because she is a member now!! Hurray. And she seems very happy.
I actually got to see her and Mari again on Sunday evening at Desteny's baptism because they brought the sisters (one of whom taught Desteny and her family for a few months before we came here.) So that was fun.
YEAH! Desteny was baptized and it was a great service where the Spirit was felt. She gave a short testimony which was so cute. She had told us before she was nervous but would do it. Yes, I most definitely have pictures. They might not be printed today as I need a haircut. But you'll get them. I loved that one speaker brought a sunflower and talked about how Desteny should us it to remember this special day. And the speaker invited Desteny's mum to buy her a sunflower to remind her when she wasn't making the best decisions. Pretty neat. And a member that bore her testimony said instead of doubting something we should try it out.
Well, I am doing pretty well. Hna Merrill says hi to the family. She is always happy to receive your greetings :) The cookies turned out okay (small and round) and our investigators enjoyed them. We have had more members helping us with lessons which is super great. And we have lots of investigators we are working with. The church tour did not happen, sadly. And we haven't not seen Jose or Blanca for some time. Hermana Mercado attended one session of conference and saw the baptism of Desteny - she is progressing and changing lots. It is so wonderful to see! This week she told us she has more "ganas" to read in the Book of Mormon. Awesome!
Good to hear the homefront is being improved but not going anywhere. Way to go Dad on helping Mom be happy. We shall see if she'll want a new color on the front door in a few years....but what color next? Thanks for all the updates on the family. Exciting about Kevin Meadows. It's hard to believe I am so close to the end of the mission. Yikes. I have SO much left to learn! I am so grateful for all your love and support and was hoping you could send your testimonies next week and thoughts from conference to help boost me up and help me be a better missionary. I love you lots!
Conference was great and members brought lunch for us both days. I thought of the family eating haystacks and it made me happy. :) We had a rainy day yesterday - makes for more fun adventures! I'm grateful for a rain coat.
D&C 84:88 Lord is all around us; the Spirit is in our hearts; and his angels bear us up. How wonderful is that?! And also, everyone deserves an opportunity to hear and learn.
Love you, love you!
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment